May Ella Gray
- Born: Apr 1851, Oswego, New York
- Marriage: William H. Boyle on 1 Aug 1894 in Oswego Town, Oswego, New York
- Died: 19 Aug 1922, Oswego Town, Oswego, New York at age 71
Noted events in her life were:
• Occupation: Assistant teacher, 1877, Oswego Town, Oswego, New York. From the History of Oswego County
The following Is the board of education for 1877 :
Primary School No. 6.—Principal, Maggie A. Kenific, $498.75; Assistant.s, May E. Gray, $400; M. Jennie Murray, $400.
• Occupation: School Teacher, 1892, Oswego Town, Oswego, New York. 1892 New York State Census
She is living with her mother and brother.
• Children: 1910 Census states she had no children, 1910, Oswego Town, Oswego, New York.
• Residence: From 1920 Census, 1920, Oswego Town, Oswego, New York. May E Boyle
United States Census, 1920
Name: May E Boyle
Event Type: Census
Event Year: 1920
Event Place: Oswego Ward 6, Oswego, New York, United States
Marital Status: Married
Race (Original): White
Relationship to Head of Household: Wife
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Wife
Birth Year (Estimated): 1852
Birthplace: New York
Father's Birthplace: New York
Mother's Birthplace: New York
Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
William H Boyle Head M 80 Ireland
May E Boyle Wife F 68 New York
District: 173 , Sheet Number and Letter: 4B , Household ID: 118 , Line Number: 89 , Affiliate Name: The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) , Affiliate Publication Number: T625 , GS Film number: 1821254 , Digital Folder Number: 004442080 , Image Number: 00937
• Occupation: From Palladium Looking Back 25 Years, 19 Aug 1947, Oswego Town, Oswego, New York. Obituary — Mrs. May E. Gray, widow of William H. Boyle, retired Oswego school teacher.
May married William H. Boyle on 1 Aug 1894 in Oswego Town, Oswego, New York. (William H. Boyle was born in Sep 1841 in Ireland and died on 21 Aug 1922 in Oswego Town, Oswego, New York.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage Banns: OSWEGO DAILY TIMES, WEDNESDAY, 1 Aug 1894, Oswego Town, Oswego, New York. Boyle - Gray
William H. Boyle of the firm Wright & Boyle and Miss May Gray were united in marriage this morning by Rev. Charles D. Barrows, rector of the First Presbyterian church. The wedding was a quiet affair, attended only by the immediate families of the contracting parties. They left at 11 a. m. for a brief bridal tour.