- Marriage: Rear Admiral Edwin Malcolm Shepard on 9 Dec 1868 in Hymmanal, New York
- Died: 12 Oct 1915, New London, New London, Conn
Noted events in her life were:
• Death Notice: OSWEGO DAILY TIMES, THURDAY EVENING, 14 Oct 1915, Oswego Town, Oswego, New York. MRS. ALICE S. SHEPARD DIES SUDDENLY AT NEW LONDON
News has been received in this city of the death Tuesday in New London, Conn., of Mrs. Alice Stevens Shepard, widow of Rear Admiral E. M. Shepard of the United States navy. Mrs. Shepard died suddenly at the home of her daughter, Mrs. G. C. Davison, with whom she had made her home. Admiral Shepard was a former resident of this city and had many friends here.
• Obituary: THE POST STANDARD, THURSDAY MORNING, 14 Oct 1915, Syracuse, New York. MRS. ALICE S. SHEPARD DIES SUDDENLY AT NEW LONDON
Widow of Rear Admiral and Former Resident of Syracuse Expires at Daughter's Home.
News has been received in this city of the death Tuesday, in New London. Conn., of Mrs. Alice Stevens Shepard, widow of Rear Admiral E. M. Shepard of the United Slates navy. Mrs. Shepard died suddenly at the home of her daughter, Mrs. G. C. Davison, with whom she had made her home.
Mrs. Shepard formerly lived in this city and, as Miss Alice Stevens, occupied a prominent place in the social life of the city. She went to Washington after her marriage.
Mrs. Shepard was a sister-in-law of Colonel A. C. Chase and was the daughter of Judge George Stevens, a police justice here many years ago. News of her death was received here in a telephone message from C. A. Chase, who is in New York city. Colonel Chase plans to attend the funeral services.
Announcement of the funeral service has not been made here but information has been received that burial will be made in Arlington Cemetery, near Washington, D. C.
Besides Mrs. Davison. Mrs. Shepard is survived by two other daughters, Mrs. George Moulson of New York city and Mrs. William Vogelgesang, wife of Lieutenant Vogelgesang of the United States navy.
• Cemetery: Arlington National Cemetery, Oct 1915. Alice Stephen Shepard
Death: Oct. 12, 1915
Edwin Malcolm Shepard (1843 - 1904)
Note: W/O E M Burial:
Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Plot: Section 1, Site: 179
Created by: John C. Anderson
Record added: Mar 06, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 49313354
Alice married Rear Admiral Edwin Malcolm Shepard, son of Elisha Howell Shepard and Abigail Kidder Gray, on 9 Dec 1868 in Hymmanal, New York. (Rear Admiral Edwin Malcolm Shepard was born on 16 Sep 1843 in Oswego Town, Oswego, New York, died on 18 Aug 1904 in Jaffrey, New Hampshire and was buried in 1904 in National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage Banns: THE JOURNAL-SYRACUSE, THURSDAY, Page 8, 10 Dec 1868, Hymmanal, New York. HYMMANAL.-The Reformed church on James street was, last evening, the scene of a Joyous ceremony in the wedding of one of the accomplished daughters of Syracuse to an officer of the United States navy. Of the parties, Miss Alice E., daughter of the Hon. George Stevens, is well known in a wide social circle as an amiable and pleasing young lady, while Lieutenant-Commander E. Malcolm Shepard has already made for himself a host of friends. The services were performed by the Rev. J. Elmendorf, D. D., of Albany. The occasion was a brilliant one in every respect, and the happy couple were the recipients of the heartiest congratulations, to which we would add our token of respect and well wishes for their future.