Martha Ellen (Mattie) Gray
- Born: 5 Feb 1853, St. Louis, Missouri
- Marriage: John Wadsworth Gatewood on 17 Mar 1875 in Shelby, Missouri
- Died: 28 Jan 1941, Missouri at age 87
Noted events in her life were:
• Occupation: Milliner, from Census, 1880, Shelbyville, Shelby, Missouri.
• Children: Had four children by 1900 Census but only two are still living, 1900, Shelbyville, Shelby, Missouri.
• Obituary: From More than just a cemetery. Mrs. Mattie E Gatewood
Mrs. Mattie E Gatewood, 86 year old resident of Oklahoma City since statehood, died Tuesday of influenza just four days before her 87th birthday. She lived with her son, E. E. Gatewood, 816 North Phillips Avenue.
Born in St. Louis, Mrs Gatewood moved to Oklahoma City in 1907. She was a member of the Presbyterian Church. Her body was sent to Shelbyville, MO by Watts and McAtte Funeral Home for services Wednesday.
Martha married John Wadsworth Gatewood, son of John R. Gatewood and Mary Catherine Shambaugh, on 17 Mar 1875 in Shelby, Missouri. (John Wadsworth Gatewood was born on 5 Feb 1850 in Shelby County, Missouri and died on 4 Jul 1934 in Shellbyville, Missouri.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage Banns: Married 25 years in 1900, 1875, Missouri. From 1900 Census
• Marriage: From Missouri Marriages at Family Search org, 17 Mar 1875, Shelby, Missouri. Groom's Name: John W. Galewood
Groom's Birth Date:
Bride's Name: Mattie E. Gray
Bride's Birth Date:
Marriage Date: 17 Mar 1875
Marriage Place: Shelby,Missouri
Groom's Father's Name:
Groom's Mother's Name:
Bride's Father's Name:
Bride's Mother's Name:
Groom's Marital Status:
Groom's Previous Wife's Name:
Bride's Marital Status:
Bride's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M51582-1
System Origin: Missouri-ODM
Source Film Number: 986677