Jane (Jennie) Gray
- Born: 3 May 1843, Oswego, Oswego, New York
- Marriage: William Seaman Townsend on 12 Jul 1860 in Oswego, New York
- Died: 9 Jul 1910, Ithaca Township, Gratiot County, Michigan at age 67
- Buried: Jul 1910, Rural Cemetery, Oswego, New York
Noted events in her life were:
• Children: Had one child, still living, 1900, Arcada Township, Gratiot County, Michigan. From Census
• Obituary: OSWEGO DAILY TIMES, Wednesday, 11 Jul 1910, Oswego, Oswego, New York. MRS. JANE TOWNSEND DEAD.
Leaves Brother William Gray Who Is Only Survivor of Gray Family.
Mr. William Gray of Oswego Town, received a telegram today from Ithaca, Mich., announcing the death there yesterday of his sister, Mrs. Jane Townsend, daughter of the late Jesse and Thyrza Gray. Mrs. Townsend had been an invalid for several years and Mr. Gray received a letter less than a week ago in which she stated that health was about as usual. Mrs. Townsend was 86 years old and was born in Oswego Town. She married Mr. Townsend 50 years ago tomorrow and it was planned to hold an anniversary if Mrs. Townsend's health would permit. Another incident in connection with Mrs. Townsend's death is that, she passed away on the 83rd anniversary of her parents' marriage.
The deceased had lived in Ithaca for the past 30 years. She is survived by her husband, William S. Townsend and her son, William E. Townsend. William Gray is the only living member of the Gray family, Mrs. Thyrza Gray died less than five years ago at103 years.
The body of Mrs. Townsend will be brought to Oswego for interment. Her sister, Mrs. Mary Case, died in North Dakota in March.
• Death: From Michigan Deaths and Burials at Family Seach org, 9 Jul 1910, Ithaca, Gratiot, Michigan. Name: Jennie Grey Townsend
Burial Date: Jul-10
Burial Place: Cremated At Detroit
Death Date: 9-Jul-10
Death Place: Ithaca, Gratiot, Michigan
Birth Date: 03 May 1843
Birthplace: New York
Marital Status: Married
Father's Name: Jessie Grey
Father's Birthplace: New York
Mother's Name: Thyrsa Beckwith
Mother's Birthplace: New York
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B01972-9
System Origin: Michigan-EASy
Source Film Number: 1433391
Reference Number: cn 18
Jane married William Seaman Townsend on 12 Jul 1860 in Oswego, New York. (William Seaman Townsend was born in Aug 1842 at Sea and died after 1920.)